Sunday, October 23, 2011

There's a Reason

Since yesterday I've come to the conclusion that there's a reason that we are asked to read the scriptures daily.  I used to think it was that it helped us be closer to the Spirit on a daily basis.  In truth, I think that are several reasons, but I added one more to my list yesterday in a big way.

THE SCRIPTURES CAN HELP US AND CHANGE US EVERY DAY!!
Yesterday I talked about Alma 37:36-37, that I would like to develop it more fully into my life.  So I memorized the first line: Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support...  and so yesterday, I did.

Here's some back story: The last several months, I've awoken at odd hours of the a.m. with worries.  Worries that press on my mind enough that it takes hours to go back to sleep, if I do.  So this morning when I woke up at 4:30 a.m., instead of stressing more and praying less, I thought: "Cry unto God for all thy support."  And I did.  I asked for "support" in specific things both temporal and spiritual, and made extra effort to put my trust more fully in Him, and I felt better.  In one day, from one line of one scripture, I felt better.  It changed my perspective.  

These things that worry me are still here, but I received that support.  In the here and now the support is emotional, and as I increase my faith on these matters, I'll receive greater help than if I only worried by myself about them.  I have faith in that. 

A change in one day from the Book of Mormon--that's a concept I can get behind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment