Monday, November 21, 2011

Spiritual Music!

I just wanted to add a note that I forgot in my post on 'directing all your thoughts to the Lord.'  (Alma 37:36)

SPIRITUAL MUSIC CAN HAVE A TREMENDOUS IMPACT ON INVITING THE SPIRIT AND HELPING DIRECT THOUGHTS TO THE LORD!!

(I think this is why I love Christmas music so much!  When else are songs about praise and Christ readily accepted by the general public?  *Christmas is Magic*!!)

We are taught that the song of the righteous is a prayer, and so listening to spiritual music all day long is like praying all day long, if we are in the right frame of mind.

I love other kinds of music, too, but nothing quenches the thirst in my soul for wonderful music like Christian music. 

So I listen to Mormon Tabernacle Choir and LOVE "Music and the Spoken Word" on Sundays on byutv.org  But I love more upbeat Christian music, too,  like the Especially for Youth songs.  Here is one that really helped me in September find comfort when a good friend passed away.  I kept singing it over and over through my day, and comfort came:


My radio is chronically on K-LOVE radio in the car, and it gives my soul great joy when my kids sing along to songs like this:


I LOVE MUSIC!! And especially music that reminds me of my heavenly home, and feeds my spirit.  LOVE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment